- Peter's Story
- Jobs Plan
End the Carbon Tax Respecting Conscience Rights Equality Matters No Huawei in 5G Networks C-69 & C-48 Must Go Meet NATO Military Spending Target No Limit Tax-Free RRSP Withdrawal Veterans Small Business Rural Internet Agriculture Canadian Firearms Laws Economic Recovery Jobs Plan for Canada National Sovereignty Party Unity Energy Policy Review Canada's COVID Response Taking Better Care of Our Seniors Keeping Canadians and Communities Safe Protecting our Environment and our Economy Defending Canada’s Borders & Democracy Supporting Canada's Outdoor Community
Support Small Business
When I think of a small business owner, I see a risk-taker, an innovator, a self-starter, and an employer to over eight million Canadians.
I see an electrical and plumbing contractor, a chef who operates a local restaurant, an inventor launching a new technology, a farmer, someone who immigrated to Canada to start a new life and a small business.
When Justin Trudeau looks at a small business owner, he sees a tax cheat.
As prime minister, I will treat small business owners and their family members fairly and with respect. That's why I will eliminate Trudeau’s punitive tax on small business owners.
Justin Trudeau’s lack of support for small business under COVID-19 is an even bigger concern. When small businesses need an immediate loan to survive, the Liberal response has been slow and anemic. Millions of Canadians will remain unemployed for much longer than necessary if these businesses do not survive.
As Prime Minister, I will help with small business financing by:
- Treat small business owners fairly; including family members who contribute to the success of the business. This begins by eliminating Trudeau’s Tax on Split Income
- Allow small business owners to invest their RRSP funds into their enterprises
- Extend the Canada Emergency Business Account for a second year
- Reduce the small business tax rate on earnings reinvested in the business
- Implement practical measures to allow inter-generational transfer of small businesses
Today, I encourage all Canadians to buy local and buy Canadian whenever we can. Every job counts.