- Peter's Story
- Jobs Plan
End the Carbon Tax Respecting Conscience Rights Equality Matters No Huawei in 5G Networks C-69 & C-48 Must Go Meet NATO Military Spending Target No Limit Tax-Free RRSP Withdrawal Veterans Small Business Rural Internet Agriculture Canadian Firearms Laws Economic Recovery Jobs Plan for Canada National Sovereignty Party Unity Energy Policy Review Canada's COVID Response Taking Better Care of Our Seniors Keeping Canadians and Communities Safe Protecting our Environment and our Economy Defending Canada’s Borders & Democracy Supporting Canada's Outdoor Community
Pro-Employment Trade Policies
Conservatives are the party of free trade. We negotiated and signed the original Free Trade Agreement with the United States, the original NAFTA and important agreements with Europe and the TransPacific Partnership.
But free trade must be fair trade.
It must work for our people and our economy to drive job creation and economic growth.
As Prime Minister, I will introduce trade policies that work for Canada.
Part of my eight-point Jobs Plan for Canada is introducing pro-employment trade policies that will help get Canadians back to work in all parts of the country.
We will work with allies to end unfair trade practices by state-controlled companies and economies.
That means saying NO to Huawei’s involvement in Canada’s 5G networks.
Instead, we will work with our Five Eyes allies in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States to manufacture components and equipment for use in the rollout of 5G networks in our countries.
Our trade policies will punish countries where intellectual property theft is ignored.
Our Canadian Trade commissioners will aggressively advocate for our energy, mining, agriculture, forestry and fishery sectors in countries where they are under attack by environmental activists.
Our resources are managed and utilized responsibly and ethically. We will push back against misplaced attacks.
Unlike the current government, we will be forceful in protecting Canada’s interests. We will not abandon those principles in a desperate play for recognition at the United Nations.
But as we advocate for fair trade with our international partners, we have to do better here at home. I will work to break down interprovincial trade barriers by introducing an Economic Freedom Act to support internal trade across Canada.
My economic recovery plan will help us come out of COVID-19 stronger than ever.
- Break down interprovincial trade barriers by introducing an Economic Freedom Act to support internal trade across Canada
- Work with allies to end unfair trade practices by state-controlled companies and economies
- Punish countries where intellectual property theft is ignored
- Say NO to Huawei in the development of Canada’s 5G networks
- Work with our Five Eyes partners (New Zealand, Australia, UK, USA) to manufacture components and equipment for use in the rollout of 5G networks in our trusted countries network
- Canadian Trade commissioners to aggressively advocate for our energy, mining, agriculture, forestry and fishery sectors in countries where they are under attack by environmental activists